Dag play songs about the country, about the city, and about trying to find yourself somewhere in between. Always surrounded by isolation, living in your head – the company of strangers or the solitude of the bush.
Led by songwriter Dusty Anastassiou, Dag have gone through several lineups over their 3-year existence. Their new album was recorded over 2 years in Brisbane, with local musicians Matt Ford (Thigh Master, Tenth Court) on drums, Skye McNicol (Bent) on violin and Josh Watson (Sewers) on bass, who also mixed and co-produced the record. The songs attempt to capture some of what is to live on the outskirts of a state or town – still isolated in the digital age from outside trends and current sounds.
Dag ‘Benefits of Solitude’ LP will be available via Bedroom Suck Records from February 24, 2017.
On tour ~
• 24.02 John Curtin, Melbourne
• 10.03 The Metro, Adelaide
• 25.03 Jerkfest III @ Barwon Club, Geelong
• 31.03 The Empire, Brisbane
• 01.04 Jet Black Cat, Brisbane
• 02.04 The Haunt, Brisbane
• 22.04 The Grand Poobah, Hobart